When it comes to indulging I prefer to make my own delicious treats at home versus indulging in processed foods. Don’t get me wrong, I will still have my day’s where I want to the bad stuff, but I believe it should all be consumed in moderation. So most of the time you’ll catch me in the kitchen whipping up healthier options of the items I am craving. Not only do I know what I am consuming but it makes it super fun to get creative in the kitchen.
I made these date candies after having a major craving for some caramel candies like the rolo’s and boy did they turn out delicious. This recipe is super simple and totally customizable to your liking.
What you will need for this include:
- Medjool dates
- Vanilla extract
- Almond butter or any nut/seed butter you would like to use
- Almond flour
- Coconut oil
- Primal Palate pumpkin spice seasoning
- Your favorite Chocolate bar = 1 tsp of coconut oil
- Celtic sea salt
Simple add all the ingredients to a food processor (except the chocolate and 1 tsp of coconut oil), process for 10-15 seconds, and add to a dish lined with parchment paper. I really recommend letting this sit in the freezer to really harden up, but if you can’t wait that long to devour these up to an hour should suffice. with a sharp knife cut into squares or rounds, dip each one into melted chocolate, and sprinkle with celtic sea salt. Store these in your freezer for the perfect after dinner treat.
- 1 cup dates
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp Georgia Grinders almond butter
- 2 tsp Primal palate pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 bar of chocolate of choice melted with some coconut oil.
- Add everything except chocolate bar to food processor and process.
- Add to a lined baking dish with parchment paper and store in freezer for up to an hour or overnight.
- Melt your chocolate with 1 tsp of coconut oil for 45 seconds in microwave
- Cut caramel into squares with a sharp knife
- Dip in chocolate and sprinkle Celtic sea salt on top
- Store in freezer in an airtight container