Chocolate Caramel Apples:
I had a craving for some caramel apples but didn’t want to deal with real caramel getting stuck in my teeth! And you know that store bought caramel dip you can buy in the tub? Well this taste similar but made with 100% real ingredients.
I have been making my own vegan date caramel for years now. This date caramel is made with only 5 ingredients and taste like the real deal.
What you will need for the date caramel:
- Medjool dates
- Cashew butter
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut oil (not melted)
- Optional: Maple syrup
- Reserved date water from soaking dates. But only needed if you want a thinner consistency to your caramel
How to prepare the date caramel:
Simply add all ingredients to a food processor and process for 20-25 seconds until desired consistency is reached. But if you want it to be a thinner consistency, add 1 Tbsp at a time of the reserved date water, process, until you get desired consistency.
Prepping the chocolate caramel apples:
Cut your apples into 1 inch thick rounds and melt chocolate with coconut oil.
How to prepare your candy apples:
I used a pairing knife to make a hole in order to stick my straws into the apples. Then I dipped my apple rounds in the melted chocolate, sprinkled some raw pecans on top, and stored in fridge for 10 minutes. Once the chocolate had harden I drizzled my caramel on top and store in the fridge to harden.
How to store:
You will have leftover caramel so be sure to store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Chocolate Caramel Apples
- 2 small green apples Substitute any type of apple you prefer
- 1 cup chocolate chips Substitute any type of chocolate you like
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp Crushed pecans Or any type of nuts/seeds you prefer
- 1 cup soaked medjool dates I soak overnight and drain water before using (reserve some of the date water if you want your caramel thinner consistency)
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil Not melted
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Maple syrup Optional if you want it extra sweet ( I don't use in mine)
- Add all ingredients to food processor and process for 20-25 seconds or until you reach your desired consistency
- NOTE: If you want to thin it out use 1 tbsp at a time of the reserved date water until you get your desired consistency
- Set aside at room temperature while you prepare the chocolate
- Melt your chocolate with the coconut oil
- Cut your apples into 1 inch thick rounds
- Dip each apple round into the chocolate and let sit in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to harden up
- With a pairing knife poke the bottom of the apple and stick the paper straw into it
- Drizzle the caramel on top of chocolate dipped apples
- Add chopped pecans or any topping you prefer
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container