Gingerbread Oatmeal Cookies:
I am a sucker for any type of oatmeal cookies, especially when they are soft and chewy. And these festive gingerbread oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies need to be added to your baking menu for the holidays!
Ingredients you will need:
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Gingersnap seasoning
- Gluten-Free sprouted rolled oats (substitute any type of oats you have)
- Mini chocolate chips
How to prepare the cookie dough:
I first let my butter and egg get to room temperature. And once those two ingredients are at room temperature, I add to a stand mixer, and mix. But if you don’t have a stand mixer, use a handheld mixer, or mix with a spoon. Next, I add the vanilla extract, molasses, and mix. And then add in the dry ingredients and mix. Fold in the mini chocolate chips and raisins if you are using. And feel free to add in any other items you dig in your cookies, like candied ginger or any nuts or seeds.
If you want chewy cookies don’t skip this step:
Once the cookie dough is done, I let my dough sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. And then with a Tbsp ice cream scoop, I scoop out dough, and form into 14 bite size cookies. And I place on a lined baking dish 2-3 inches apart from one another, and bake 350 F for 8-10 minutes (I did 8 minutes).
Meal prep ahead of time:
And if you want to prep the cookie dough ahead of time, this works too. Prepare the cookie dough, cover, and store in the refrigerator. But when ready to bake, let the cookie dough reach room temperature. Because this is what helps keep the cookies nice and chewy.
Once done baking do this:
Once the cookies are done baking, let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wired cooling rack.
How to store:
I like to store mine in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days. But if you want them to last longer, store in the refrigerator for up to a week, or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Chewy Gingerbread Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp gingersnap seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Let your egg and butter get to room temperature
- Add your butter and molasses to a stand mixer and mix (You can also use a handheld mixer or just mix with a spoon)
- Add your egg and vanilla extract and mix
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix
- Fold in the raisins and mini chocolate chips
- Let your dough sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes
- With a Tbsp ice cream scooper, scoop out dough, and form into bite size cookies
- Add to a lined baking dish (3 inches apart from one another) and bake 350 F for 8-10 minutes
- Once done let sit on the baking dish for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wired cooling wrack