Tabbouleh is a salad made mostly with fresh ingredients such as: parsley, mint, onions, tomatoes, and bulgar. But I wanted to put my own spin to it and make a grain free version. And this cauliflower tabbouleh is one you are going to want to try.
Ingredients you will need:
- Frozen cauliflower or raw cauliflower rice
- Ghee (omit ghee if Vegan and use olive oil or avocado oil)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onions
- Persian cucumber
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
Preparing the cauliflower:
I use frozen cauliflower rice. But you can easily make your own. cauliflower rice if you can’t find it frozen. Simply add some cauliflower florets to a food processor and pulse a few times or until you get your rice consistency. And I like to sauté mine with ghee, salt + pepper, and minced garlic for 5 minutes. And once done sautéing the rice, let it cool completely, before adding the rest of the ingredients.
But if you don’t want to sauté, you can skip this step, and just use raw cauliflower, omit the ghee, and add the minced garlic to the mix.
Putting it all together:
Once the sautéed cauliflower is competently cooled down, add to a large bowl, along with the rest of the ingredients, and mix.
Can I meal prep this in advance?
Yes, this is such a great prep ahead meal option. I personally find it taste better after marinating in the refrigerator overnight.
How do I store it?
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. And enjoy within 3-4 days of making.
- 1 12 oz bag frozen riced cauliflower substitute 2-3 cups raw cauliflower rice by processing cauliflower florets in food processor
- 1 Tbsp ghee or any type of oil oil you use only use if cooking your cauliflower if keeping cauliflower raw omit
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp chopped mint
- 1/3 cup diced red onions
- 2 person cucumbers chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional step: warm your ghee in a medium pan on medium heat
- Add the frozen riced cauliflower, salt and pepper, and 3 garlic cloves minced, and sauté for 5 minutes, and let it cool completely
- If you are keeping cauliflower raw, skip the sautéing part and add everything to a bowl
- Add everything to a bowl and mix
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed