Are you team savory or team sweet for breakfast? I used to be all about the sweet breakfast’s but when I did my whole30 my taste buds switched to wanting more of savory breakfast’s. One of my favorite breakfast’s that I like to make are these frittata muffins. They are a perfect meal prep for those busy morning and also freeze well if you wanted to save some for another week.
Here is what I used in these:
- Butternut squash
- Pederson’s Farm breakfast sausage (Whole30 approved)
- Red bell pepper
You are going to want to saute your veggies, chopped breakfast sausage, and onions, with some avocado oil, and salt + pepper, for 5-7 minutes. This step is optional, and if you are pressed for time just throw your raw veggies in the whisked eggs and follow next steps.
Once your veggies are done sautéing let them cool for a few minutes. Then you are going to add to your whisked eggs, pour some of the mixture into lined muffin tins, and Bake 375 for 15-18 minutes. These taste delicious cold or you can reheat in convection oven for a few minutes before heading out the door.
Breakfast Sausage and Veggie Frittata Muffins
- 6 pasture raised eggs
- 4 Pedersons Farm sugar free breakfast sausage diced
- 1/4 cup diced broccoli
- 1/4 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp Fourth and Heart California garlic ghee
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Heat pan with ghee, sauté your onions, red bell pepper, and jalapeño for a few minutes.
- Add in sausage and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in zucchini and broccoli and cook for a few minutes, and let cool.
- In separate bowl whisk eggs and add veggie mixture, pour in lined muffin tin (6), bake 375 15-18 minutes.