Would you believe me if I told you that making your own hummus at home is SUPER SIMPLE? Well I am here to share with you how it can be done. I wanted to make a hummus I could enjoy while on my Whole30 so that meant having to make one without chickpeas. I was very much impressed with how well this turned out without the chickpeas and actually prefer this way versus store bought one’s I typically gravitate towards.
Roast your chopped beets, garlic, with avocado oil, salt + pepper on 400 for 25-30 minutes.
Add your roasted beets, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini to a food processor or a high powered blender.
Pulse all the ingredients in the food processor until you reach your desired consistency.
Transfer to a bowl add some olive oil on top along with some sesame seeds and enjoy!
I love adding my hummus to fresh salads, on toast, with my breakfast egg salad, or dipping fresh vegetables in it. The possibilities are endless.
- 2 peeled and chopped beets
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 small roasted garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Drizzle chopped beets and garlic with avocado oil, salt + pepper
- Bake 400 for 25-30 minutes
- Add roasted beets, roasted garlic, and rest of ingredients to food processor
- Pulse a few times until you get desired consistency
- Store in a mason jar in the refrigerator for up to a week