Air Fried Halloumi cheese balls:
I am always looking for creative ways to use my air fryer. You can say that I am pretty obsessed with this kitchen gadget.
What is Halloumi cheese?
If you have never heard of Halloumi cheese, this is a semi-hard, unripened, brined cheese made with a mixture of sheep’s and goat’s milk. This cheese does have a high melting point, so it makes for the perfect cheese to fry or grill.
Ingredients you will need:
- Halloumi cheese
- Almond meal
- Primal Palate Amore seasoning
Setting up dredging stations:
You want to set up your dredging stations by whisking eggs in one bowl, almond meal in another bowl, and chopping your halloumi cheese into bite size pieces.
Preparing the halloumi cheese balls:
Start by adding your halloumi cheese to the egg mixture and then coat in the almond meal mixture. Add to a greased air fryer pan, and cook on 370°F for about 10 minutes, flipping half way through.
Do you have a substitute for almond meal?
I want to emphasize that you want to make sure to grab ALMOND MEAL and not almond flour, this will make a huge difference and will not give you the crisp factor that the almond meal gives them. But if you don’t have almond meal on hand, here are a few other alternatives you can try.
- Panko bread crumbs
- Nut crumbs
- Crushed chips or crackers
Air Fried Halloumi cheese balls
- 1 package of halloumi cheese dice into bite size pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 tbsp Primal Palate amore seasoning
- dice your cheese into bite size pieces
- in one bowl add egg and whisk
- in another bowl add almond meal and seasoning and mix
- dip cheese in egg wash and then almond meal mixture
- add to air fryer and cook 370 for 10 minutes shaking half way through.
- enjoy with Primal Kitchen Foods jalapeno ketchup or you could use marinara sauce.