Air fried cinnamon toast crunch French toast sticks:
These air fried Cinnamon Toast Crunch French toast sticks are a must try. And making them in the air fryer leaves them crispy on the outside and soft in the inside. They are grain free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
Ingredients you will need:
- Awgbakery grain free everyday bread (substitute any type of bread you like)
- Vanilla extract
- Almond mylk
- Primal Palate Cinnamon sugar cookie seasoning (substitute coconut or maple sugar and cinnamon)
- Fourth and Heart Vanilla Bean Ghee (substitute butter) but I highly suggest you use this vanilla bean ghee, makes them taste like cake!
How to prepare French toast sticks:
First, slice your bread into desired size sticks. And whisk you eggs, almond mylk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, to a shallow dish. And dip each stick in the egg mixture. Add to a greased air fryer dish. But make sure you cook in batches, to allow enough space for each one to cook. You don’t want them to touch or overlap.
Cooking in air fryer:
And cook 360° 6-8 minutes on each side or until golden brown. But keep an eye on them. Because all air fryers cook time vary and you don’t want them to burn.
Baking in oven:
But if you don’t have an air fryer, these can also be baked in the oven, on 350°F for 20-25 minutes (flipping half way through) or until golden brown.
Can I meal prep ahead of time?
Yes! These air fried Cinnamon Toast Crunch French toast sticks are perfecting for meal prepping in advance. Feel free to batch cook them all on Sunday. And have them ready to go for a quick and easy breakfast option. To reheat, I add to the air fryer on 360° for a few minutes or until warmed through. But you could also add to toaster oven to reheat.
Air Fried Cinnamon Toast Crunch French Toast Sticks
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond mylk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8-10 slices of bread of choice I used AWGbakery grain free bread
- 1/3 cup melted vanilla bean ghee substitute butter
- 1/2 cup Primal Palate cinnamon sugar cookie seasoning substitute coconut sugar + cinnamon
- Slice bread into desired size sticks
- In a shallow dish, whisk eggs, almond mylk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon
- Dip bread sticks in the egg mixture
- Add to a greased air fryer dish (will have to cook in batches, make sure they aren’t touching)
- Cook 360°F for 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown
- Dip in melted vanila bean ghee
- And then coat in the cinnamon sugar mixture
- Serve with maple syrup and strawberry jam
- Keep any leftovers stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator