Crispy air fried chicken wings:
Want to know how to get the crispiest chicken wings? Try making them in an air fryer. And they are super easy to prep, take under 20 minutes, and are the crispiest chicken wings ever.
What you will need:
- Chicken wings
- Olive oil or avocado oil
- Meat and Potato seasoning (substitute paprika, onion powder, oregano)
- See Salt Fleur de Sel + pepper (substitute whatever type of salt and pepper you have)
- Garlic powder
- Fresh cilantro
How to prepare chicken wings:
First, bring the chicken wings to room temperature, I let mine sit out on counter for about 10 minutes. And then remove from the package, pat dry with paper towel, and add to a large bowl. Add olive oil, seasonings to bowl with chicken wings, and coat the wings. Spray air fryer dish with avocado oil spray and preheat the air fryer on 400°F for 2 minutes. And add chicken wings to air fryer dish but make sure they aren’t touching, I cook mine in two batches. Cook 400°F for 10 minutes and flip and cook another 8 minutes.
What to serve with chicken wings:
These chicken wings make for a great appetizer by themselves. But they also make a great addition for a loaded meal option. And my personal favorite combination is with my homemade Instant pot potato salad and a fresh green salad.
What if I don’t have an air fryer?
And if you don’t have an air fryer, these chicken wings can also be cooked in the oven. But keep in mind that they will take a bit longer to cook in oven to achieve the crispy texture. And the cook time will depend on the size of your wings and your oven. But I would bake 425°F for 20 minutes and flip and cook another 15-20 minutes.
Crispy Air Fried Chicken Wings
- 1.5 lbs chicken wings
- 3 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil + extra for coating air fryer pan
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Meat and Potato seasoning substitute 1/4 tsp of each: paprika, oregano, onion powder, mix them together
- 1 tsp See Salt Fleur de Sel and pepper substitute any type of salt and pepper you have
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Bring chicken wings to room temperature ( I let mine sit on counter for about 10 minutes)
- Pat down chicken wings with paper towel and add to a large bowl
- Add olive oil, meat and potato seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and mix until all chicken wings are coated
- Spray air fryer pan with avocado oil spray
- Preheat the air fryer on 400°F for 2 minutes
- Add chicken wings to air fryer dish, making sure they aren’t touching (I cooked mine in two batches)
- Cook on 400°F for 10 minutes and once done flip and cook an additional 8 minutes
- Sprinkle fresh cilantro on top