Air fried cauliflower wings:
These air fried cauliflower wings make for the perfect appetizer or side dish! And you won’t miss the meat one bit with these delicious cauliflower wings.
Ingredients you will need:
- Almond mylk
- Buffalo Sauce
- Arrowroot flour (substitute tapioca flour, almond flour, coconut flour, or regular flour)
- Spicy Nut Crumbs (substitute regular bread crumbs along with 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- Chosen Foods Garlic Avocado spray
- SeeSalt Fleur de sel see salt (code MHK15 saves you 15% off)
- Ground pepper
- Garlic powder
- Fresh cilantro
- Ranch dressing of choice for dipping
How to prepare in the air fryer:
First, rinse and chop cauliflower into bite size florets. Add chopped cauliflower to a medium bowl along with almond mylk, 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce, and mix it all up until the cauliflower florets are coated. And then add in the flour, spicy nut crumbs or bread crumbs, seasonings, and mix until florets are coated.
Next, spray the air fryer basket with garlic avocado oil spray or any type of oil, and add the cauliflower. But make sure that the cauliflower are not over crowded. Because you don’t want to end up with soggy cauliflower wings. And cook 350°F for 20 minutes, carefully tossing halfway through. And once done, add another 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce, and cook an additional 20 minutes still on 350°F.
How to prepare in the oven:
Add coated cauliflower to a lined baking sheet and bake 400°F for 20-25 minutes. And once done toss with 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce and broil for a few minutes.
What do I serve it with?
The nice thing about this dish, is that it can go with a variety of meals. Serve it as an appetizer with some celery sticks and vegan ranch, or serve it as a side dish along side your favorite entrees.
Can I prep this side dish ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare everything ahead of time. And save the cooking in air fryer or oven for the day you plan on enjoying. Because these taste best fresh out of the air fryer or oven.
And if there are any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. And to reheat, simply add to either air fryer again or oven and bake until heated through (about 10-15 minutes).
Air Fried Cauliflower Wings
- 1 small cauliflower chopped
- 1/2 cup almond mylk
- 1 8.5 oz jar Primal Kitchen Foods Buffalo sauce substitute any Buffalo sauce you prefer
- 1/4 cup arrowroot substitute: tapioca flour, almond flour, or any flour you have
- 3/4 cup spicy Nut Crumbs substitute bread crumbs and these seasonings: 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Instructions for cooking in air fryer:
- Wash your cauliflower, cut into bite size florets
- Add cauliflower florets to a large bowl, add almond mylk, 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce, and mix until all pieces are coated
- Add in nut crumbs or bread crumbs with seasonings, and mix until all pieces are coated
- Spray air fryer pan with avocado oil spray or drizzle any oil you have
- Add your cauliflower to pan but don’t crowd or else they will turn soggy
- Cook 350°F for 20 minutes and carefully toss half way through
- Once done cooking for the 20 minutes add another 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce and cook another 20 minutes on 350°F
- Once done drizzle any extra buffalo sauce you have and toss with fresh cilantro
- Serve with celery sticks and your favorite ranch dressing (I used Primal Kitchen Foods Vegan Ranch)
Instructions for cooking in oven:
- Follow all the steps above (1-5)
- Bake 400°F for 20-25 minutes
- Once done add 1/2 cup buffalo sauce and broil for 3-4 minutes (keeping an eye on them)
- Drizzle with any additional buffalo sauce and toss with fresh cilantro