Rocky road bars:
These 5 ingredient rocky road bars you need in your life ASAP. They are super simple to put together and require 0 baking. And are the perfect freezer friendly treat to have on hand at all times for when the sweet tooth comes around.
Ingredients you will need:
- Hu Kitchen chocolate Gems or any type of chocolate chips or chopped chocolate you have
- Coconut oil
- Peanuts ( I used plain not roasted peanut. But feel free to use salted roasted peanuts)
- Vegan mini marshmallows (I use these)
- Salt ( I use this salt)
Preparing the rocky road bars:
First, add your chocolate gems and coconut oil to a small sauce pan, on medium low heat. Stir throughout until the chocolate is melted. And pour the melted chocolate in a small bowl, add the peanuts, marshmallows, and mix. Add the mixture to a lined baking dish (11×6 or 8×8), sprinkle salt on top, and freeze for an hour.
Slicing into bars:
These rocky road bars are decadent. And so you can either slice into 12 bars or into bite size pieces. I sliced mine into 12 large bars and when I am in the mood for something sweet, I typically will slice each bar in half, and enjoy just half a bar.
How to store:
I personally like to keep mine stored in an airtight container in the freezer. But you could also store in the refrigerator for a softer texture.
No Bake Rocky Road Bars:
- 2 cups Hu Kitchen Chocolate Gems Substitute any type of chocolate you like
- 1 cup vegan mini marshmallows can use large marshmallows and chop up
- 1 cup plain peanuts Substitute roasted + salted peanuts
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Add your chocolate gems and coconut oil to a small sauce pan on medium low heat. Stir throughout until chocolate is melted
- Remove chocolate from heat and pour in a bowl
- Add the peanuts, mini marshmallows, and mix
- Pour mixture into a lined baking dish (11x6 Orr 8x8)
- Sprinkle some salt on top
- Freeze for an hour
- Slice into desired size bars or bite size pieces
- Keep stored in freezer in an airtight container